I am pretty speechless, no not really. I’m only speechless in a crowd of strangers. So, my new wonderful blogging friend Half a 1000 Miles nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was completely shocked. Especially since I am brand spanking new at this blogging thing. I’m actually surprised anyone reads my blog at all. I found her on The Bloggesses website I was reading through the comments section and I read her comment and thought “She sounds fricking hilarious.” and so it began. I started following her blog and knew that my assumptions were true. We were both Southerners and both sarcastic, this was going to work. Then she started following me and so our fairy tail blogging relationship began. Thank you Half a 1000 Miles! Love you, mean it!
So, as part of this nomination you have to:
- Thank the nominator and link back to them.
- Answer the questions they provided.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choosing that you think deserve recognition.
- List 11 questions to ask your nominees.
Number one is taken care of so let’s get to those questions from Halfa, shall we…
- Q: How did you arrive at the name for your blog? A: I used my Twitter handle which I also got from my sisters nickname for me growing up, Kayray.
- Q: If all forms of the name had already been taken, what was your second choice? A: Well, actually this was my second choice because I wanted to call my blog ‘Smart Ass Gypsy Nurse’, but that was taken. No, I don’t know if it was taken, but I tried several other ones and they were all taken. Maybe I should’ve tried that one? It fits.
- Q: If one day your blog took off, and merely by mentioning and recommending someone else’s blog, they too could become famous, what blogs would you “bring up the elevator” with you? (I have already thought about this and know my answers, ha). A: Hmmm? Well, definitely Half a 1000 Miles because she is so damn funny and I’ll do links to these later but Life Vivified, Crayongirllinz, Caledon Acres, The Emily Capps, My Dang Blog. There’s more to be listed later.
- Q: What do you wish your non-bloggy friends knew about blogging? A: I don’t have a lot of friends but the ones I do have could care less. I think I’d want them to know how important it is to people such as myself. It’s our way of getting our voices heard. Normally, in society, introverts are completely overlooked. But in the bloggesphere we are kings and queens!(insert evil, I’m going to take over the world, laugh here.)
- Q: What is your favorite TV show of all time? A: Oh.My.God. I feel like such a celebrity now. I’m being interviewed. Ok, ok, come up with something clever. No use. There’s only one answer, ok, don’t laugh. Quantum Leap. I use to have them all recorded on VHS and I’ve watched them all more than once and, ok, stop laughing, I can hear you! I can’t watch NCIS New Orleans because Dr. Sam Beckett is on there and he’s playing the wrong part. I know, I’m sad, you don’t have to say it so loud. Gosh.
- Q: What is your own personal favorite of your own blog posts, and why? A: I don’t know. These questions are too hard. I guess, if I had to pick, it’d be So, Why did you want to be a Nurse? Because in it people can see where I came from and the struggles it took me to get where I am today. That and it’s funny as shit. Ok, so shits not really funny unless you’re, ‘Half a 1000 Miles’? And then it’s funny. I love her poo stories.
- Q: Rate these in order of what you don’t have enough of right now: Sleep, Peace, Money, Time, Love. A: That’s a deep question coming from a lady with poo stories but okay. Money, Peace, Love, Time, Sleep.
- Q: What was the hardest part about your first year of blogging? A: Can’t answer that because I haven’t been blogging for a year but I’m finding it hard to find followers and I guess I don’t know how to exactly do that.
- Q: Where did you spend most of your life, and where are you now? A: I’ve spent most of my life in Salisbury, NC and as the little girl in Poltergeist would say “I’m still Heee-re.” Well, actually she didn’t say “I’m” she said “They’re” but you get the point. I do travel for work but right now I’m able to sleep in my own bed at night, for a change. The picture on my main page is actually a picture of part of my beautiful city after the snow. I do love Salisbury, NC. The home of Cheerwine and Food Lion.
- Q: What is a “big” blog that you enjoy? A: No secret that I love The Bloggess and am part of her tribe but Half a 1000 Miles, I don’t know if you consider yourself a ‘big’ blog but she’s my #2 girl. You like that pun right there, didn’t you? My poo story telling friend.
- Q: I am all about bloggers helping other bloggers. Help us help you. If someone wanted to show your blog some love, what would be your preferred method — a Facebook share? Sharing on Twitter? Subscribing to your blog? Commenting on your blog? Submitting your posts to Stumbleupon? Or something else? A: Ok, I guess subscribe to my blog because that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and comment because I love to hear your thoughts and share on Twitter because it’s the only social media outlet that I use.
Oh, no, another list. Are y’all sensing a theme here? Or is it just me? Okay, 11 random facts about myself.
- I don’t like most people. I know, I’m a nurse and it’s kind of a job requirement that you like people, but I don’t.
- I have battled depression my whole life.
- I like animals more than I like most people.
- I am an introvert even though my close friends would tell you this is a lie. They only think this because I talk their ears off.
- I was goth in high school before there was such a label to put on it. I was the original.
- I think ‘common sense’ should be a job requirement for any job. Even greeting people at that store I don’t shop at.
- I use to drive a short bus. No, I’m not kidding.
- I have a secret fantasy of trying out for ‘The Voice’ but I’m scared shitless to do it.
- I’ve always been different. I’ve never been afraid to experiment with my hair, clothes or any other facet of my appearance.
- I share a birthday with Prince, Iggy Azalea and Tom Jones. Yes, just like all of them, I’m a sexy beast that can sing, dance and rap, too. Though no one would pay to see me do it, probably.
- I still crank up my radio and sing to the top of my lungs when I’m driving down the highway or any road, as far as that goes.
Ok, now my turn to nominate some blogs.
- Murphys Law Blog– I know you are probably thinking that you know what this blog is about, but you’d be wrong. This is just a simple blog about family life. Their last name just happens to be Murphy. One of those blogs that make you say “Awww”. I subscribe to this blog and it’s a welcome change some days. It restores my faith in humanity(not completely. I’m not that big of a fool) but it’s sweet.
- Crayon Girl Linz– this is one of those blogs that I can read and know that we are kindred spirits. Very funny, very sarcastic and very witty. If you like my blog at all then you’ll like Lindsay and her blog.
- Halfa 1000 Miles– you know I could not leave you out. This is the funniest woman since sliced bread. She is open about the fact that she is PG-13 rated but let me tell you, it’s worth it. I have read her blogs and laughed so hard that I’ve cried. There is no other like her. She is truly one of a kind, in a good way. Her poo and bread stories are absolutely hilarious! Oh, that sounded bad, not poo on bread or anything, just poo and then in a separate story bread. Oh well, just read it. P.S. You don’t have to answer my questions and all that jazz. I just couldn’t leave you out.
- Bewildered Creatures-this blog is more of a book review blog but I like books so… It’s on here. Hey, it’s my list isn’t it? That’s what I thought.
- Musings of a Momologist-this is a mommy prospective on A-Z. Terminally sick child, crying moments, and knowing no matter what you’re going through it’s probably not as bad as you thought. I’m not a mom but I am a dog mom, sorta counts, right? Anyway, it’s a good blog.
- Come Hell or High Water-great title don’t you think? I should’ve picked that one. (Raises hand) Can I change my previous answer about what I’d call my blog if my name would’ve been taken? It says on the title page ‘Life can happen to you or you can happen to life’. This is a very different prospective on just about everything. It drips with sarcasm. It’s wonderful.
- Fifty Four and a Half-funny lady but with serious bits thrown in just for good measure. Header reads ‘more than just another wise ass’ I think that probably sums it up pretty well? Check her out.
- Kelley and Geoff– besides Jeff spells his name wrong, this is a good blog. Husband and wife, sarcastic and smart and a good combination.
- Sasha Self Love– No, it’s not a porn site. Even though I bet one would buy that title from her. No, this is a self help positive thinking kind of thingy. I know, I don’t know how it made my list either, because that’s the opposite of what I am. Hey, it’s good to switch it up sometimes. We can’t all be sarcastic, self-loathing, bitches now can we? Give it a shot, no, not through your temple. See, you need this blog.
- Life Vivified– this title probably only works for people named Vivienne? But I love this blog and her sense of humor. She writes about cats, life, stuff. Very funny lady. I don’t know how to explain her blog so you’ll just have to check it out yourself. Trust me, you’ll laugh more than once.
- Caledon Acres– this is a blog about moving to a homestead and chickens and dogs and livestock. Interesting stuff and a break from all of us bitches. This lady is nice. Like I said, for a change of pace, read her blog.
Finally, we reach the end. Now 11 questions for my nominees. Don’t be scared. Okay, be a little scared. Here goes.
- What or who inspired you to write a blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What do you do, or did you do in your life as a job?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite song ever, and why?
- Which do you prefer dogs or cats?
- Where are you originally from and where do you live now?
- If you had only 3 wishes what would you wish for?
- What is your addiction?(Mines Cheerwine, by the way. No, it’s not alcoholic. It’s a soft drink. It’s a Salisbury thing, you wouldn’t understand.)
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?
I’m done! OMG! That felt too much like homework. But if it gets some of my fellow bloggers recognized then it was worth it. Look forward to reading your post. Thanks again to Halfa1000miles for the nomination. I am truly honored and humbled to think that other people read my blog. I’m especially humbled by the fact that some of you care enough to follow me. Thank you all, for the love.